Tuesday, May 6, 2014

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

     Respect, a word that has a lot of meaning and one that I hold very highly. I usually trust people until they show me otherwise, sometimes I didn’t respect people from a young age because they have never shown me respect. Then at the same time that makes me a threat, and I like that at times. I don’t like people who don’t respect themselves, cause I don’t respect them either, I know this can be quite rude but it’s a logical thing to me. 
   I have a girl in my class now and she doesn’t respect anyone, the teacher, her class mates, and she never takes responsibility for what she does. It’s very frustrating because I love the class and I respect the teacher! It’s ignorant people like her that I don’t care about and don’t respect. If you take responsibility for the things you do and say that’s all I care about and would respect you more. 

     I believe Respect has a lot to do with who you’re role models are, thankfully I’ve had role models who are wonderful women to look up to! When I was younger I loved Hilary Duff and Natalie Portman, then it’s evolved into Cheryl Cole, Lea Michele, Pink, Kate Winslet, Reese Witherspoon, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and maybe a few who have gone under the radar. I still love the women who’ve encouraged me through my youth and have only grown with the women I love and admire. :) I love them all and highly respect women like them who are real women, who stand up for themselves and what they love. 

       As you know I'm not talking to my roommates, I also have lost my respect for the both of them. Unfortunately now I have to live with her inconsiderate, childish self who only likes people who pay attention to her, - that’s because she’s grown up in the pageant world and she’s used to people fawning over her-. Well i’m not putting up with that bull--- anymore! I’m 25 and my boyfriend is 31 we’re to old to be putting up with naive bull--, their negative energy, poor idea of living, since a 'little dust and dirt’ never did anyone harm right?! I don’t want my apt to stink like 10 reptiles, then have dirty floors on top of that. EW NO WAY!


     SO since i’m graduating in a few days, I’ve decided to be the best version of myself, eating healthy, washing my face, keeping my hair healthy, working out, going for walks to clear my mind and go after my dreams. :) I have beautiful role models but the best ones are the ones in my life. My mom, sister, aunts, my beautiful bellydancing ladies. My three girlfriends I had in London who really embraced me and gave me the groundwork on how to be a great friend and who a great friend is. I have my three girlfriends here who I also can be myself with and encourage me to be me. Then there’s my boyfriend who pushes me each day to do great in school and he can’t wait to see me graduate, he loves me for who I am and supports me when I have doubts and bad juju roommates. I have these wonderful women and men to help me go forth into the world and not be afraid of anything! :) I can’t be happier with my life and the beautiful collection of people in it.

Now I'll have more time to finally concentrate on writing with the free time I have! Which is exciting and makes me happy, although I know I have to get a job and continue to push to get my dreams. I respect myself to do what makes me happy and surround myself with positive role models and people who build me up!!!

"Break-ups hurt, but loosing someone who doesn't respect you and appreciate you, is actually a gain, not a loss." 

Do what makes you happy with the people who love and respect you!!
V.S.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment